Analyze the generated leads' relevance to your target audience and assess their progression through the sales funnel.
Why Should you Hire a Marketing Automation Consultant in 2022
A marketing automation consultant can help you drive the most value from your marketing automation tools. Learn how they’d automate all repetitive tasks and help you keep in touch with your leads and customers.
As of 2019, over 75% of marketers have been using at least one type of marketing automation tool. This number certainly seems to indicate that marketing automation has become popular among businesses.
But it does make you wonder about the rest of the marketers who aren’t using any marketing automation tools at all. Another question that comes to mind here is that are businesses currently using marketing automation using it to its full potential? At the very least, it can be argued that there’s always a scope for improvement.
Well, the point I want to make here is that a marketing automation consultant can be an asset to companies. A lot of businesses that shy away from leveraging marketing automation software complain that they don’t have the required workforce and knowledge about the technology. Such issues can be solved easily by a consultant.
If you’re interested in knowing how exactly a marketing automation consultant can help your business, read ahead.
What is a Marketing Automation Consultant?
A marketing automation consultant is responsible for making the most out of marketing automation tools. They take care of all repetitive tasks, keep in touch with leads and customers in order to target them with the right content at the right time, and basically keep a close eye on all the workflows and integrations required to increase the efficiency of marketing automation tools.
In addition to being knowledgeable about automation tools, a marketing automation consultant also has a deep understanding of different marketing channels, such as content, advertising, sales, email marketing, types of traffic, analytics, and market research.
In short, a consultant streamlines different processes involved in marketing and helps increase ROI for marketing automation tools. Now, let’s take a look at what exactly a marketing automation consultant can do for you.
What does a Marketing Automation Consultant do?
The marketing team needs to stay ahead of a number of tasks and quite frankly, a consultant can reduce the load by a lot. They will essentially function as the backbone of the entire marketing setup.
Develop a marketing automation strategy
You are set up with all the automation tools you need and have a workflow in mind, but is everyone on your team aligned with the same idea or strategy? Are the goals of every marketing person set to achieve a single strategy? If not then you are not making the best use of marketing automation.
A marketing automation consultant will help you see the bigger picture and come up with a strategy that gets everyone on the same page. They will set workflows according to a single strategy that is bound to lead to the growth of your business.
Integrate different marketing tools
As a marketer, you know that a single automation tool won’t cut it. You need different tools to automate the multitude of processes that make up the workflow. But it is easy to get lost in arrays of reports and check up with every single tool in such a scenario. What you need here is an integration of all the tools in a single place.
This is what a marketing automation consultant will do for you. They will integrate all the marketing automation tools you are using with your CRM and even come up with an alternate solution if any tool cannot be integrated. Furthermore, a consultant can develop a synergy between the different marketing channels.
Educate the marketing team
Not everyone who joins the marketing can be expected to have a working knowledge of all the automation tools you have in place. Think of the newbies who are just getting started or even a person with experience who hasn’t used the tool that you are using. They have to go through a training process to get aligned with the entire marketing operation.
While you may not have enough time on your hands to thoroughly get about this task, it will be a primary task for a marketing automation consultant. Moreover, they will be able to give a 360-degree overview of all the processes and tools and inculcate a proper understanding of marketing automation among employees.
Should you Hire a Marketing Consultant?
The answer to this question depends on a number of conditions. There are various reasons for hiring a marketing consultant and even if you think you are well enough without one, you should know that such an asset will only complement your current growth strategy.
1. A consultant will constantly monitor all the marketing automation tools and reports to see if there’s any scope for improvement (which is almost always true).
2. Your very first priority as a marketer is to generate high-quality leads. If you think that the lead generation process is slow for your organization, you should definitely consider hiring a marketing automation consultant. A key part of their job is to study the digital footprint of prospects to come up with a highly personalized campaign.
3. At times, it may become hard to determine if a particular process should be automated or not. It is exactly for such queries that a marketing automation consultant will come in handy.
4. It can be tricky to implement certain automation tools and even if you have implemented them, you may not be satisfied with the results. A common example is that of chatbots. Almost all SaaS companies have implemented chatbots but find it hard to reply on time or cannot designate a particular person to take care of the entire tool.
But a consultant will be able to tell you what needs to be done in order to generate leads from such channels. They will facilitate the proper implementation of tools and ensure that they are functioning properly.
5. Marketing processes or campaigns do not always yield the desired results. It’s not uncommon since there’s no formula here that can be put to produce a specific number. This means that trials and errors happen occasionally. While this cannot be eliminated, a consultant will make sure that such instances are limited. They have enough experience and knowledge to deal with situations that can potentially go south.
6. A marketing automation consultant will optimize your entire marketing automation system to yield better and more positive results.
7. Lastly, when you have a designated person to handle all marketing automation processes, other team members will have more time to focus on tasks that they need to pay the most attention to. All in all, your company will have enough manpower to take care of all the necessary touchpoints.
What to Look for in a Marketing Automation Consultant?
It is safe to say that this job is for someone who has quite a bit of experience in the marketing field. They should understand all the different marketing channels and should know how to effectively leverage each and every one of them.
Knowledge about marketing automation in general, different types of marketing automation tools, and which tools make a good fit for which types of process is a given of course. Other than this, it’s probably a good idea to go for a person who has a good understanding of your business and industry.
An experienced person in an industry similar to yours will do much better than someone who has to start from scratch. They should also be data-driven, have a creative flair, and be result-oriented.
The job of a marketing automation consultant is multi-faceted and cannot be reduced to something singular. This means that the ideal person for the job should have all the necessary skills to cater to the different needs of a business.
I hope this blog helped you understand the position of a marketing automation consultant. They can bring all the aspects that need improvement to the front and ensure that new ways are being implemented for the continuous growth of your marketing strategy, which will eventually lead to the faster growth of your entire business.